Transportation Planner (initial part time hourly position)
Landis Evans + Partners, a nationally prominent active transportation planning, design, and engineering firm is actively seeking a highly motivated person to build upon our well-established transportation planning, design, and engineering practice in Complete Streets and in our related transportation safety market sector. Landis Evans has a dynamic and collaborative work environment, operating within a fast-paced industry and is recruiting a talented, driven, and detail-oriented person who enjoys work variety.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, talents, and skills:
- Minimum four-year university or college degree with a minimum GPA of 3.2 in a social science such as psychology, sociology, statistics, political science, geography, urban planning demographics, archeology, or economics, and work experience therein; and
- Completed at least one PD&E study or similar study in a social science area listed above.
- Highly proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; a working knowledge and skill in GIS, Photoshop, or MS Project is beneficial
- Strong writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Proven analytical abilities and commitment to completeness and quality work products
- Strong work ethic, flexibility to work until the assignment gets done, and not be confined to a fixed 8AM to 5PM schedule.
Responsibilities will ultimately include: building and fostering relationships with potential and existing clients; leadership in consultant teaming and proposal responses; engagement contracting; project accounting and budget compliance, invoicing; co-workers’ mentoring.
Additionally, the candidate must:
- Be able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Be dependable and determined, yet friendly and outgoing
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, energy and professionalism; is trustworthy, respectful and demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Be highly organized and manage time well
This is initially a part time, hourly as needed position. Compensation is highly competitive. Please forward your resume, transcript, references, hourly rate expectation, and possible start date to firstname.lastname@example.org.